Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Tell us what you think - for the chance to win a copy of our #1 Best Seller Great Group Games!
Do you have . . .
· Ideas for blog topics?
· Ways that we can make asset building easier for you?
· Feedback on our Web site?
Please let us know!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Our newest book is finally finished - well at least the first stage of publishing is finished. Susan & I just turned in the final draft of our latest book, which will be published by Search Institute Press in fall 09:
Building Character From the Start
201 Activities to Foster Creativity, Literacy, and Play in K-3
Here is a brief description of the chapters included:
- Unit One: Finish the Pictures – Opportunities for children to draw and write stories that ‘finish the pictures’ on the page.
- Unit Two: Experiencing Books – 98 books that encourage self-expression, healthy relationships, creativity, and strong character. Each book connects to talking points and activities for further exploration.
- Unit Three: Masterpiece Creations – full of story starters, activities with food, and artistic explorations.
- Unit Four: Play and Move - games that promote literacy, creativity and play.
We're very excited about the books, games, and writing activities that will inspire children in homes, schools and other youth organizations. We thank God for his many blessings!
If you want to receive an email when the book is released, leave your contact info in a comment box or email me at mommysecretsblog(at)gmail(dot)com.
If you want to take a peek at our other books, click below: