Monday, April 20, 2009

From A Seasoned Game Player - Review of Great Group Games

I love the Great Group Games book! It has the kind of games in it that are fun and make people feel happy to play instead of like they or others are stupid. The instructions are easy to understand and communicate to others and I like the chart in the back that lets you determine what kind of game you need and then helps you choose one to use. I also like the "Going Deeper" section after the explanation of the game that helps you tie the game into what you are doing. I've got a shelf of game books and keep buying others hoping to find games I'd want our youth playing and am usually disappointed in either the philosophy of the games or the difficulty of figuring out what you are supposed to do. Now I think I can quit searching and get to playing. Would you send me three more of it? I want to keep one at my house, one in the church library, and one in our Middle School Sunday School class.
Cheryl R. Peeples

No comments:

“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” Plato